Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
The best coffee beans in the world are Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee. Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee or Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee is a classification of coffee grown in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. The best lots of Blue Mountain coffee are noted for their mild flavour and lack of bitterness.
Through the medium of the Coffee Industry Board ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System (QMS) these objectives have been achieved.
ISO 9001:2000 standard emphasizes customer focus, people involvement, leadership, a systems approach to management, continual improvement and mutually beneficial supplier relationships.
The Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica
There are many fake products on the market. Only the crop grown by the estates located at the altitude between 3000 to 5000 ft in Jamaica and with its cultivation monitored by the Coffee Industry Board, Government of Jamaica, can be marketed as “Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee”.
Current List of Certified Coffee Dealers
The Coffee Industry Board
Blue Mountain Coffee – Classification
- Blue Mountain No. 1 – 96% of beans must have a screen size of 17/20. No more than 2% of the beans may have significant defects.
- Blue Mountain No. 2 – 96% of beans must have a screen size of 16/17. No more than 2% of the beans may have significant defects.
- Blue Mountain No. 3 – 96% of beans must have a screen size of 15/16. No more than 2% of the beans may have significant defects.
- Blue Mountain Peaberry – 96% of beans must be peaberry. No more than 2% of the beans may have significant defects.
- Blue Mountain Triage – Contains bean sizes from all previous classifications. No more than 4% of the beans may have significant defects.
List of Supplier
- AMBER ESTATE
- Baronhall Estate
- Coffee Industries Limited
- Greenwich Blue
- Kew Park Estate
- Mavis Bank Coffee Factory
- Old Tavern Coffee
- RSW Estates
- Wallenford Blue
- Simple Industries, Inc.
(Canadian import of Ridgelyne brand)
Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee
A Short Documentary