Hario Mizudashi Coffee Pot
● Water affects the quality of cold brewed coffee. It is recommend using soft water free from chlorine.
● Avoid overheating the cold brewed coffee for making warm coffee. It makes coffee oxidized and its flavor may be disappeared.
● Drink cold brewed coffee in 2 or 3 days, otherwise coffee may be oxidized with unpleasant taste.
● The finished quantity of brewed coffee may be changed by type of ground coffee.
● Do not use a metal spoon inside the glass bowl. It may cause breakage.
● Do not freeze the coffee. Also, cool it before refrigerating.
● Do not close the lid too strongly as the glass may become damaged.
● If the water is too hot, the plastic part may become soft and cause the band to become loose.
● Do not pour coffee too quickly. The coffee may spill outside the cup, or the lid may come off.
Direction – How to make cold brewed coffee
1. Place 50 grams of ground coffee in the strainer. Use full roasted and medium fine ground coffee for cold brewed coffee.
2. Set the strainer in the glass container.
Please note the direction of strainer. Adjust “○mark” on the strainer of a spout to the center
3. Drip the water little by little to wet all ground coffee and stop when water level reaches middle point of the band of the handle.
Quantity of the water added
Approximately 650 ml : about 5 cups
● The volume of water is slightly differences between before and after use because the ground coffee absorbs the water during extracting process.
Pros and Cons
– Excellent for iced coffee or hot coffee
– Easy to clean, handwash only
– Results in delicious, smooth coffee
– Portable and small
– Easy to use
– Elegant, glass design
– Permanent filter
– Can only make a few cups of coffee per use
– Fragile, delicate
– Requires at least 8 hrs to brew coffee
HARIO Mizudashi Coffee Pot Instruction
Demo of the Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Coffee Pot