Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino
- 4 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 60g chocolate chips
- 4 cups double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee
- crushed ice
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (for drizzle, optional)
Fill blender half full with chopped or crushed ice. Add all ingredients (except whipped cream) and blend until thick and still icy. Pour into 4 tall glasses, top with whipping cream and drizzle chocolate over the whipped cream.
How to make a Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 59g good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cocoa powder and sugar until blended. Add the water and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and whisk over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling until mixture thickens, about 3 – 4 minutes. The mixture will still be fairly thin (it thickens to a syrup-like consistency once cool). Taste and stir in additional salt until dissolved, up to 1/4 teaspoon, if desired.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool.
- Store syrup in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator. The syrup should keep, refrigerated, for at least a month.